Posted on March 28, 2012 at 5:10 AM
Though it’s already summer, the weather seems to bring cold breeze from time to time. And sometimes we want to eat something yummy and hot. Chicken Mami is perfect for this kind of weather.
½ kg Chicken Breast
½ kg Fresh Miki (thin round noodles)
1 pc Medium Onion (minced)
2 tbs Garlic (minced & roasted)
2 pc Boiled Eggs (sliced)
1 cup Chicharon Baboy (crashed)
1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
2 tbs cooking oil
5 liters water
1.5 liters Chicken Stock
Spring Onions (minced)
Fish Sauce (patis)
A. Preparing the chicken
- Boil chicken in 2.5 liters of water until cook. Remove bubbles when boiling.
- Remove chicken from stock, cool down and set aside the stock.
- Shred chicken into bite size and set aside.
B. Preparingthe noodles
Fresh noodles have poignant scent that needs to be lessened when serving, to do this follow these simple steps:
- Wash noodles in top water. Separate noodles carefully and drain.
- Boil 2.5 liters water and blanch the noodles then drain.
- Run top water unto noodles and drain. Set aside.
C. Preparing the soup
- In a sauce pot, preheat oil and sauté onion.
- Add chicken stock, chicken cube and bring to boil.
- Season to taste w/ fish sauce and powdered blackpepper.
D. How to serve
- Arrange noodles(serving proportion) in a serving bowl.
- Top it with chicken, spring onion, roasted garlic, boiled egg & chicharon.
- Fill the bowl with hot soup.
- Serve while hot.
Makes 4-5 servings
Tip: Do not let the noodle stay too long in boiling water when blanching. It will overcook the noodles.